The Kai Wasabi Yanagiba is the traditional Japanese slicing knife. The Kai Wasabi Yanagiba with its long and slim blade allows to cut wafer-thin slices.
Unlike the traditional Japanese wood handle, the black synthetic handle of the Kai Wasabi Yanagiba is not inserted but embraces the blade completely. Thus the blade of the Kai Wasabi Yanagiba is closely connected to the handle, not allowing dirt to settle in any gaps.
Yanagiba (Japanese) = willow-leaf-blade
Sashimi (Japanese) = slices of fish fillet
- for fine slicing of fish and meat
- especially suitable to cut wafer-thin slices thanks to the long and slim blade
- especially for Sushi and Sashimi cooking
- the Kai Wasabi Yanagiba guarantees an artistic, clean and smooth cut
- the length and the shape of the blade allow to cut over the whole length by pulling the knife